Sunday, May 8, 2011

And Now a Moment of Cuteness

The best birthday gift I got this year was being able to bring my ferret, Scritch, home. A week before I entered the treatment center Scritch became seriously ill and the vet thought that he had cancer. He needed round the clock care, including being hand fed every three hours. I was in such bad condition, being depressed, severely malnourished and stressed out over a complication that arose while trying to move, that I decided it would be best if I signed Scritch over to a local ferret shelter on a temporary basis. My friend Donna runs the shelter and is a ferret expert so I knew he'd receive the care he needed. A couple of days later I was told that due to my ED I was considered "critical" and needed to be admitted to the treatment center for inpatient care. Knowing that Scritch would be taken care of made this a little easier for me.
Baby Scritch
Baby Scritch, he fit in my hand at this age



When I went to pick out a ferret Scritch was the smallest one there. While the other ferrets were trying to get my attention, Scritch managed to push his way through them, run up my arm, and sit on top of my baseball hat and would not come down. Right away I knew that Scritch had chosen me and that I was taking him home.
"Let me outa here!"


Scritch all grown up!
I got Scritch at such a young age that he seems to have adopted me as his "Mum." He follows me around the house like a duckling following around its momma duck. He becomes very anxious when he can't see me or get to me. He is my little lovey  :0)
"Hi! Whatcha doin?"
This was taken right before I signed him over while he was sick
Scritch was tested for lymphoma and cancer of the spleen, but so far all his tests have come back as inconclusive. He is now almost 100% better and I got to bring him home on my birthday.

"I know I'm cute."



No comments:

Post a Comment